Soft lasers can also be used in dentistry and are increasingly being used by dentists all over the world for various purposes.
With its healing effects and ability to stimulate the body's natural immune system, the laser can be a natural part of a dental treatment, with great benefits.
Dental patients can benefit from laser therapy in multiple ways, and several studies have shown positive results.
A focus on the patient with laser therapy
Quick and painfree treatment, quicker and more complete healing are things most dental patients appreciate greatly.
A soft laser, for instance the PowerLaser PRO 500 with a lightguide (dental lens), can be used for things like:
- Pain Relief
- Less bleeding and faster healing associated with tooth extraction and surgery
- Effective relief of sore tooth necks
- Effective treatment of periodontal disease - pockets significantly reduced
- Faster ingrowth of implants
- Root canal treatment can often be avoided in minor root infections
- Blisters in the mouth heal with 1-2 treatments
- Muscle tension from temporomandibular joint and muscle disorder (TMJ disorder) is dissolved
- Gag reflex is reduced / neutralized (beneficial when taking dental impressions and X-rays)